Monday 8 October 2012

Winter Brrr Too many choices!

With winter just round the corner and no real change from summer as in its still raining!!  I thought I would invest in some winter gear. I checked out all the usuals; Wiggle, Chain Reaction Cycles etc  I found Autumn wear on the shelves. I cannot afford to have four seasons of cycle wear and there is no room in my one bed apartment.
I now am in a quandary do I get Autumn wear and pad it out in the winter or wait and pad out the summer wear for now? So on the sites again and when I look its all Baselayers, thermals, windproof, waterproof, Merino wool, long sleeve short sleeve with arm and leg warmers. WHERE DO I START?

One thing I do know is I'm getting some CRUD...... Believe it or not their mudguards. It looked like I'd diarrhea sprayed my back the other day.

3 comments:

  1. Blimey Darren,one post and you change the name of the blog....devil of a job to find it again- I even posted the old link on my blog list. If you intend keeping this link I will re-post the details on my blog.
    I would suggest for winter on a budget:
    Arm warmers
    Leg Warmers
    Winter Cycling Jacket
    Winter cycling gloves.
    Overshoes.

    This way you lengthen the Arms and legs of current kit....
    Have core protection with the jacket when really cold.
    Your extremities (feet/hands) are protected also with gloves and overshoes.
    Head warmer such as a Buff is worth considering for under the helmet....
    And finally....You up for a ride then??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry mate I'm only just getting used to this blogging. Thanks for the advice I have a set of leg and arm warmers funnily enough.

    I will be getting a new stem in early Nov and will be able to come down for a ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was the supplied stem on the bike a bit too long?

    ReplyDelete