Wednesday 31 October 2012

Well it aint a Garmin but...

 With all my tooing and frowing about whether to get a Garmin 800 for crimbo I have taken to exploring the expanse that is the Greater Chavingstoke area using OS map to route, then plot the roads onto a piece of paper, finally having waterproofed it and strapped it to the handlebars. It served me well.
Although no Garmin or mapping could prevent my first real tumble as I rounded a bend the wheels went from under in some compacted mud on the country road and down I went.I was not going fast and fortunately no one was behind me.

I did not realise until I got home that I had also ripped a small hole in the sleeve of my new waterproof jacket. Not impressed however sewing kit out and quick mend followed by a touch of glue to seel the repair.

I now have also come to realise why there is a vast array of clothing out there, the Dhb bib was not warm in the nether regions and the little fella was not a happy bunny down there. Time to shop again me thinks....

2 comments:

  1. Ouch..I trust not hurt too badly...

    -Trevor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, it was more the speed it happened and the looking at my bike form a funny angle on the floor.

    ReplyDelete