Monday 7 October 2013

New bike and a new era in cycling.


I decided at the back end of 2012 that if I continued to ride that I would get myself a better bike. Jill agreed that I could spend £800-900, which would give me an upgrade to probably a Specialized Allez. However the more I learned the more I thought that by punching through the £1k budget I could get a much better grade of equipment to an Aluminium with carbon forks or even a full carbon bike.
   So over many a month of cycling and browsing the interweb I came across the TREK Domane with IsoSpeed according to TREK: IsoSpeed decoupler gives you an incredibly smooth ride. It was described on youtube as "when you get punched in the face you get the pain of impact with fist and the force of your head going back. IsoSpeed on your face you would feel the force of going back BUT NO PAIN. With all my ailments and injuries this seemed like a brilliant idea.
   Then I discovered PEDALON a shop in TADLEY that stock the bike I was interested in and if you bought from them you get podium points. The more you spend the more points you earn and what do points mean? Yep prizes!

I ordered the bike which after the sizing I was told the 54cm Halfords bike was too big as I am a 52cm cyclist. No wonder I was never comfortable.

Oh the podium points came to 24 from the choice I had I went for the following equipment:

Shimano R540 SPD SL Black - 4 Points 39.99
Pair of SIS Bottles 600ml - 1  Point 1.89
Pair of Bontrager Race Lite Bottle Cages - 1 Point 16.99
Cannondale Airport Nitro Floor Pump - 3 Points 29.99

The total price to pay £1200 just the price of the bike WOW!
All pictured above.

1 comment: