Wednesday 6 November 2013

Turbo Trainer: Let the Sufferfest begin

I could never imagine cycling on a turbo trainer but a winter on the Carrera TDF my cheap Halfords bike was so demoralising I decided to get a turbo trainer. Jill made me sell my 1yr old Carrera TDF which I did for £200 to a mate I included a load of stuff with the bike so we both got a good deal. I waited with my finger poised on the "Proceed with order button" on TREDZ website for Alex to call saying the monies in my account. As soon as I got the call in went the order for next day delivery A Minoura B60-R and Schwalbe trainer tyre came in at £150 (with a free Lunar R2 rear light).........
Variety is the name of the turbo trainer game. BUT: How boring and easy it it to give up on a turbo? For me very easy.
Having recently moved I had my own piece of manspace a turbo and my pride and joy my TREK

Next Motivation: after much cyber surfing I discovered THE SUFFERFEST.
The Starter Kit for £23 was what I went for as they said: New to Sufferlandria and not sure where to start? Our Starter Pack includes three essential videos: 1. The Downward Spiral: Short, sharp and ultra-high-intensity intervals. 2. Angels: Long climbs with brutal attacks and 3. The Long Scream: A 30:00 time trial requiring maximum concentration.
The Downward Spiral I did first 
I think the bottom right pic of me shows what doing what the video says (well displays) will do to a person.
I've completed all 3 now and wow enterPAINment is what it is. So: IWBMATTKYT (look it up on Sufferfest).

I think this winter I am going to make massive strides in my cycling prowess. Its such hard work and you only get what you put in obviously, but I am motivated by what's on the screen so it will work for me. Some are motivated by stats on the computer screen to get them through a turbo ride but again how boring. All in all I'm looking forward to this winter. Thanks Sufferfest, Minoura, Schwalbe & TREDZ.




No comments:

Post a Comment